The Zizzler

Living THE life on a shoestring budget. Traveling, DIY projects, general fabulousness.......

Thursday, March 23, 2006




I wanted to wear the toile

So I made a toile lobster. First, since the toile was very cheap/thin, I ironed a small piece to some plastic silk backing to thicken the fabric. Then I traced traced my lobster onto the fabric, meticulously sewed the edges onto an H&M tank top ($5.50). I've washed it a few times to see if its durable, and only a little leg came undone. Don't ask me why I like lobsters. I just do (not for eating!) When I was 15 I bought a lobster pin at Don Apparel in Buffalo, and since I've enjoyed crustaceans in the design respect. This project took about an hour from start to finish.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it! can you make me on???

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don Apparel in Buffalo?! why, that's right around the corner from me... I don't know you, but live in buffalo (not a native though) and actually a friend just had a link in her blog that said "if you don't read this we're not friends"- linking to you. So anyway... rambling... yay buffalo shoutout!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Lori Zimmer said...

i'm retarded and had no idea how to even accept comments on my own blog! yay buffalo! and...what blog/friend do you speak of? sorry for the serious delay!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home