The Zizzler

Living THE life on a shoestring budget. Traveling, DIY projects, general fabulousness.......

Monday, July 17, 2006

It is Sweltering

I have a permanent sweatstache. Although I have no appetite due to the heat, I feel giant and bloated. My fingers are swollen. Yep, its summer. But time for summer vacations! I love buying souvenirs..but if I bought for everyone I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to afford to go anywhere. So, having spent a ton of money and time on my useless Photo degree, I give family members prints of the only photos I really take anymore- my travels.
Instead of making an oversized print of your vacation, make a panoramic collage by standing in once place and slowly moving and snapping photos of your fave site. Not only is this a creative/alternative way to give souvenir photos, but it works great if don't have a super nice camera that has the capability of printing larger than 4x6. It even works with disposables. Be daring and create a large scale image! Scan 'em if you don't have a digital camera and match (and unmatch) them up in Photoshop. Don't make it perfect- slightly skewed is the way to go. Size and print it at 11x17 ($2.49 at Kinko's for color) and frame it! Instant and creative looking parental/family gift. You can buy a picture of the Eiffel Tower at the mall, so even if you aren't the best photographer, why not make something original instead of store bought?
In case you wondered, the image above is of a fountain designed by Josep Fontserè and his assistant, a young Gaudi, at the Parc de la Ciutadella in my absolute favorite city ever, Barcelona.

Someone please fan me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop talking about sweatstaches all the time. it's gross. cool project, though.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lori Zimmer said...

to know me is to know my disdain for sweatstaches.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home